Nothing symbolises summer more than strawberries and cider, so we have combined them both into the perfect summer drink, the Strawberry Cider.
Makes 5 gallons / 40 pints cider
You will need to make the Strawberry Kit:
A good homebrew cleaner/steriliser
1.3g of Brewing sugar
A Brewing fermenter or Fermentation Bin holding at least 23-30 litres
An airlock and suitable Rubber bung for that
An extendable syphon
Glass Beer Bottles or Plastic PET Bottles with suitable Crown Caps
Some optional items:
A large funnel is helpful for adding things to your fermenter.
A hydrometer is very valuable when tracking the progress
A Crown Capper is a great help when bottling.
Equipment is not included in with this kit, you only need basic fermenting equipment and 1.3kg sugar for fermenting and of course bottles or barrels once fermented
1. Add a 5-6 litres of hot water to your cleaned and sterilised fermenter (lukewarm if glass), then add 1.3 kgs of white sugar. Mix well until completely dissolved.
2. Add the cider juice, rinse out and add any juice left in the can using hot water. Top up to 22.5 litres (5 gallons) in your fermenter using a mix of hot and cold water to achieve a temperature between 25 - 30 C. Mix well.
3. Add the magnum cider yeast/sweetener (sachet no.1) and mix well. Seal fermenter with an airlock, half filled with water. Leave to ferment in constant temperature between 20-28 C. Fermentation will normally take 7-8 days (a little longer if low temperature). Note: Always consider the risk of leaks or frothing when choosing place for fermenter. After fermentation (7-10 days)
4. Check that fermentation is over, using a hydrometer. Reading should be 1000 or lower and no more activity (bubbles in airlock). If necessary, wait another day and re-check. If you don’t have a hydrometer, just make sure here are no more bubbles in the airlock and no visible activity.
5. For best result, rack off to another vessel, leaving only the thick sediment behind (you can skip this instruction but you will then get more sediment in the bottles).
6. Add cider flavouring (sachet marked X) and mix well.
7. For a normal (sparkling) cider, transfer to beer or cider bottles (leave 2-3 cm headspace),add 1 teaspoon of sugar per 750ml and seal with crown corks.
8 For sparkling ciders you can also use a Pressure Barrel. Transfer to the keg, add 60g of sugar and seal your keg.
9. Store the cider for 5 days at between 20 C and 30 C to allow secondary fermentation to occur. Then leave cool to clear. Chill before serving.
That’s it - your cider is now ready to drink!
Note: For still cider instead, leave up to a week longer to clear (or use an optional fining agent such as Alcotec Turbo Klar for 24 hour perfect result) before bottling, then transfer to any type of bottle and don’t add sugar to the bottles.
You can then use any type of closure (wine cork, screw cap etc).
If a problem happens with the delivery please let us know and we will do our best to help, we can talk to Parcel Force to help solve the problem.
We do use 24hr and 48hr Parcel Services, this does not mean you will get the order in 24 / 48 hours, This is just the service we use, It still can take 1-3 working days to deliver your order
If it's your 1st order with us, parcels will not be left with out a signature OR if we think they are a high value order over £120 parcels will need to be signed for.
Mainland UK, Order weight Under 1kg = £3.30 + VAT = £3.96
Mainland UK, order value Over £72 = FREE DELIVERY
Mainland UK, order value Under £72, But order weight Over 1kg = £6.25 + VAT = £7.50
Saturday delivery to mainland UK £21.25 + VAT = £25.50 (must have the order by, 2pm Friday)
Some postcodes we can't send on Saturday Delivery like AB 51
Highlands & Islands (48hr Service No Saturday Delivery)
Parcel Force Zone's 2 & 3 = AB31-56, FK17-21, HS, IV, KA, KW, PA,PH, ZE, IM, TR
Under 1kg £3.30 + VAT = £3.96
1kg - 27kg = £12 + VAT = £14.40
27kg - 54kg = £24 + VAT = £28.80
54kg - 81kg = £36 + VAT = £43.20
81kg - 108kg = £48 + VAT = £57.60
For Northern Ireland (48hr Service No Saturday Delivery) BT Post Codes
Northern Ireland order weight Under 1kg = £3.30 + VAT = £3.96
Northern Ireland order weight 1kg - 27kg = £12 + VAT = £14.40
Northern Ireland order weight 27kg - 54 kg = £24 + VAT = £28.80
Northern Ireland order weight 54kg - 81 kg = £36 + VAT = £43.20
Channel Islands - Jersey and Guernsey (48hr Service No Saturday Delivery)
Under packed order weight 1kg = £3.30 ( No Vat)
Order weight is 1kg - 25kg = £18.00 ( No Vat), 2 day service
order weight is 25.00kg - 50kg = £36.00 ( No Vat), 2 day service
order weight is 50.00kg - 75kg = £54.00 ( No Vat), 2 day service
Due to the UK not being part of the EU we no longer offer any shipping to the EU
For more Information please see Delivery Info at the top of the site